Research evidence shows that the quality services of a postpartum doula can ease the transition that comes with the addition of a baby to a family, improve parental satisfaction and reduce the risk of mood disorders.
To discover the specific training, experience and services offered by a postpartum doula, we recommend asking the following questions during the interview with your potential postpartum doula:
• What training have you had?
• Are you First Aid and CPR certified?
• Tell me/us about your experience as a postpartum doula.
• What is your philosophy about parenting and supporting women and their families during postpartum?
• Tell us about the role you will play in supporting me/us in the postpartum period.
• What different types of services do you offer?
• May I/we call you with postpartum questions or concerns before the birth?
• When do your services begin after birth?
• What is your experience in breastfeeding support?
To book a postpartum doula, please contact us.